Thursday 18 June 2020

Art the African way !!!!

Hello people :)

Glad to talk with you today.

Still very windy in Mauritius but home is warm <3

Highlight of today: went to see an art exposition with my cousin Julius who is an expert in art.

The painter is of African origin, a woman and it was nice the way she depicted womanhood, ranging from love, marriage, pregnancy, delivery.

She paints with oil, very colorful (guess that's typical from African) and it's only today that I realised that fabric matters in oil.

She painted both on canvas and paper. It is to be said that paints on canvas were warmer.

Nonetheless, it was a good experience. I'm into figures but I like going to expositions because it amazes me how artists are inspired and get to throw their ideas on paper, canvas, board or on whatever stuff they want to paint on, or they want to sculpt or design something out of anything.

My toast goes to artists today. Continue to keep our imagination going, amaze the world around you and express yourselves freely.

Now remembering that the African artist told that she started painting to remove negativity in her dreams and it even drew her to paint in colours that she normally wouldn't have chosen. This could be therapeutic also !!

Cheers

Charlotte P.

1 comment:

#Listentoyourbody - Part 2

Dearies Howdy? It's Friday :) and looking forward to hubby's birthday tomorrow. I'm reiterating, listen to your body. I was amaz...